:. . SUPERSPACE RECORDS - TRANSGRESIONES SÓNICAS, MINIMALISMO Y VISIONES

sábado, 7 de noviembre de 2015

The Darkside and Alpha Stone .::. . IMAGES OF YOUTH


See spanish version of this post here. Translation by Arturo Breña.

SOME INNER FEELINGS ABOUT THE DARKSIDE, A BAND INFORMED BY PETE "BASSMAN" BAIN AND STERLING "ROSCO" ROSWELL, BOTH MEMBERS OF NEO-PSYCHEDELIK BRITISH GODS, SPACEMEN 3. AFTER ALPHA STONE -PETE BASSMAN EFFORT WITH SOME OTHER COLLEAGUES- ROSCO AND BASSMAN ARE PLAYING TOGETHER NOWADAYS. MARVELLOUS SPACE AGE DAYS ARE COMING!!!!

At the beginning of the nineties there was a band which shook up many baggy, neo-psychedelia and scally (so in fashion those days) followers minds; with bands such as Inspiral Carpets, The Charlatans or surely Stone Roses: that band was called TheDarkside and is the beginning of this story.

The Darkside was the project, Spacemen 3 bassist, Pete "Bassman" Bain had build up -after leaving the space ship just next to “Perfect Prescription” (1987) release- with Sterling "Rosco" Roswell on amazing wha wha psychedelic viola. Fed up of quarrels and ego fights which started to undermine the original band´s harmony, Bain didn’t doubt to leave and put together a new band with teenage friends, which in the end left master pieces of nineties neo-psychedelia: All that noise (1990), Psychedelecise suburbia (1991 ) and Melomania (1992).

Finishing the year 1996, when thanks to the internet ubiquity, a North America friend, Chris Barrus, known for founding the Spacemen 3 - Drone on mailing list and for writing some of the nineties reeditions texts of the Rugby astronauts records, had the pleasure of selling me Alphastone first album, Pete Bassman new project after The Darkside dissolution.

When the album arrived to Peru and to my hands, my intimate group of melomaniac friends melt down as the fine drug addicts that we were, thanks to marijuana`s magic, sanpedro, hashish, mix and a long etcetera, to get out of this three dimensional humanoid small world and visit the beautiful paradises who kindly Alpha Stone music gave us: one of  the songs “Soulless Zone” of the second disc, exclaim:

“I wanna go back, go back home, this is a cold soulless zone that nobody called their own”.

That philosophy was present not only in Alpha Stone or The Darkside, but in  all Spacemen 3`s , Spectrum`s or the first Spiritualized music. An attitude and a way of life that have sculpted me since teenage when I rehearsed with Hipnoascencion their first baggy songs, pitifully today lost forever.

It was an age of magic, spirituality and true beauty lost between infusions of chemistry, prashá Krishna, heavens and flat roofs in the residential zone of San Felipe - Comas or in Tawantinsuyo, inside Independencia district, circa 1993/1994. And then came my  Faculty (University) entry where subjects such as “Theory of Knowledgeor “Aesthetics and Perception” showed me thoughts and feelings similar to the ones I’ve made mine and experienced listening to Alpha Stone and Darkside. Plato and “The world of the ideas” impressed me positively too. Such a beautiful trip was that.


Just close your eyes / you will realize / love is everywhere / but do you really care/  I’ve got so much to say / I feel it every day / Like a burning universe / like a burning universe.

The Darkside
“Love in a burning universe”


Rain fell every day on me. When I got awake, to inhale ganja`s smell in and out of my chest, take the bus and go to the classes and so on through the day, to visit green ground 4 times a day until, without realizing, it was dark and I had to return home. For every of those days, that was life: completely stoned, singing “Fixin to die, Lord I`m fixin to die”. An epoch that would become a new era in music of just AWESOME records of artists that really made you feel someone privileged cause the music they showed was the more suprarreal/hyperreal/paradisiacal you could imagine.

“Put me on trance and send me off to space find my inner feelings and tell me how they taste. I chase dreams through burning buildings, are you in the other side? 
I`ve got a slow motion mind, got a slow motion head. It’s all in ours heads.

Send me to the depths; let me sink leaving no trace. 
Never had what I wanted, never know what to say. And they speak all as monkeys who  float around the space. I `ve got a slow motion mind, got a slow motion head. It’s all in ours heads.”

Alpha Stone
“Slow motion mind”


To realize that there was one of us which saw it clearly 120 years ago, confirms the purity of that precept or that the length of human`s time and space is something we should reform, all treat that don’t rise, let down” (FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, 1844-1900).

“Light, 
light which dies within myself, 
absence of original fountain 
I sink in mud, 
in swamps of illusion  
 a mirror and I see 
myself – helplessness.
Sea 
swimming I start to be the forest, 
light strikes my body 
and recently I feel  
 you drizzle in my soul 
I start to be born 
in hipnoascencion.”

      Hipnoascensión
      “Hipnoascensión”


No hay comentarios.:

DISQUS

WE ARE ALL ONE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...